Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Procrastination...makes it happen?

This is a post with a very specific purpose.  That purpose is to delay the "productive" part of my day.  I am avoiding this list:

  • Catch up on dishes
  • Do a load of laundry
  • Clean out on dishwasher-load worth of disgusting containers from the fridge
  • Take out the trash
  • Clean one out of three litter boxes (I don't want to push it)
  • Go grocery shopping
  • Make tomato soup
  • Clean out the drawers in the bathroom
  • Pack one bookshelf
  • Clean out the freezer
I think that was the entire list.  Yesterday I was able to cross off "start a good will box" and "activate debit card."  Although to be fair, I also did a dishwasher load of dishes yesterday.  But since I specifically wrote "catch up on dishes," I can't actually check anything off yet.

So instead of getting cracking on that mondo list of doom, I will now give you a brief update on my life.
  • I have had one job interview.  Conclusion: no.
  • I have two more interviews to set up.  One I may have come across as too desperately eager by trying to arrange for this weekend.  The other is a 24 hour clinic where the expected hours are midnight to noon.  
  • I have expanded my job search to include Montana, Idaho, and Oregon.  I am toying with expanding that list to "everywhere but the south."  And probably also excluding the midwest (sorry Grandma).
  • I am still considering specializing in oncology.  I am also including clin path on my list of potential specialties based on how excited I was to stay late at school on a Friday to look at some lymph node aspirates.
  • Andrew got a raise, a move to full time, and benefits at his job in Spokane (yay!!) and they are hoping that we will move to Spokane after graduation.  Unfortunately, I haven't found a vet clinic in Spokane which is hiring yet.
  • I am now obsessed with Greek Yogurt.  Specifically: this kind.  Because it is too yummy to be believed.  Unfortunately it is also expensive.  Stupid Greek Yogurt....
  • I am really really hankering to play D&D.  Unfortunately, I am about to start my Orthopedics rotation which is looking to be insanely busy and may eat my life.  Dang.

**UPDATE:  In spite of the impressive level of procrastination I have been engaging in, I have still managed to: 
  • Empty a load of clean dishes out of the dishwasher
  • Replace that emptiness with a disgusting load of dishes from fridge
  • Take out the garbage
  • Take out two more garbage bags filled with disgustingness from the fridge containers and disposable crap from the fridge
  • Empty out a garbage bag worth of odds and ends from the bathroom drawers
  • Do a load of laundry (currently drying)
  • Empty a litter box
  • Pack 3 boxes of books

2 comments:

Don said...

Now as to litter box cleaning, I upgraded our scooper, and now Shirley and I wrestle to see who get's to use it! (Somehow I always seem to win...)

Andrea said...

We did get an awesome new scoop a while back when our weenie scooper started to crack under pressure. I call the new one "Big Bertha."