Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Utter waste of life? Or productive human being?

This is a question that has plagued me on this, my last vacation of vet school.  I knew immediately that the way the schedule shook out in the end would mean that I will be climbing walls by the time I graduate, but now I am in the last few days of the last three weeks of vacation before I become a doctor...and it is even more scary.

Especially since I have been hard pressed to do anything worthwhile with this free time.

What have I done?  Well, I visited family in my first last week of vacation.  That was pretty good.  On the second last week of vacation I made some awesome bread and did a whole bunch of dishes (although, I am pretty sure that they are breeding, because I am not sure it is humanly possible to have done as much dishes as I have in the past two weeks and still not be able to enter my kitchen for fear of being crushed under a pile of dirty dishes).  And THIS week, the LAST week of my last vacation, I have finally sent out my resume to my Preceptorship (only 1.5 weeks later than I should have...and I just found out today that I may have needed an extra stamp on there.  Potentially embarrassing).  And TODAY...after much agonizing, after sending approximately 324973205 emails to Dr. Bryan, after reworking my resume and cover letter and business card again and again...I have sent out my first official plea for employment.  At a clinic in Silverdale that sounds, frankly, awesome.

I am trying not to get my hopes up too much, because I know the job market is crap and I know there are many other fish in the veterinary sea, but I can't help it.  I want a job and I think that this one would be really amazing.  So my hopes are high even with a healthy dollop of pessimism and an even healthier dollop of realism.  Regardless, please please please keep your fingers, toes, and eyes crossed for me.  And if I don't get this particular job, I will grind my teeth and determine that it was not meant to be.

Dinner tonight: Curried Butternut and Red Lentil Soup.  Updates later.

No comments: