Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

The word "diet" is just "Die" with a t

So Andrew and I have come to the conclusion that we are fatty fats. We didn't used to be but are trending that way. Diets suck and I haven't been to the gym in ages. But we are making some efforts. Andrew has cut sugary soda out almost entirely and relies on Coke Zero (he declares it is better the more you drink it) and sparkling flavored sugar free waters. I have been eating celery and carrots like they are going out of style (smeared gently with reduced fat peanut butter or cream cheese and studded with raisins). The odd effect of eating celery in class instead of baggies of cereal is that I am starving. By lunch time I am ravenous. I want to get dinner going as soon as I get home (even if that is 4:30). It is very weird. As for exercise, Andrew has been lifting weights with Chris and I....am hoping that the weather will freaking clear the heck up so that I can start doing manual labor in the garden and maybe take Luna for some long walks or sommat.

As for weather, Sat was gorgeous, and since then everything has been scitzophrenically going between appallingly hideous weather and clear, sunny skies. It was hailing in two different directions yesterday. Andrew actually took a break from work to come get me so I wouldn't have to walk home in it.

And speaking of the garden, that last gorgeous Saturday of spring break found us out in the dirt, pulling clumps of sod, renting a tiller, tilling, and raking. It was awesome. We put down an entire bale of peat moss and 20 scoops of organic fertilizer. Hopefully once the weather starts acting normal we can start the planting process. Just a few more steps of the planning phase are left, namely finalizing the layout, making a plan for planting dates, and working out a watering schedule for each plant. Yay!

3 comments:

Shirley B said...

Drink lots of water. Fills your tummy. You can get little packets of flavors you can put in them that are sugar free to "fool" yourself that you are having sweets.

Andrea said...

Flavored water weirds me out...
I do have tiny Dr. Peppers now though since I refuse to go diet there. I wont corrupt my Dr. Pepper...that is a crime against God and man.

Shirley B said...

Also - portion control! Read the labels and measure out snacks. If a serving size is 1/4 cup, put that into a snack-sized ziploc bag. Adjust your other calories accordingly. Like you could have a serving size of Special K with Chocolate (yes - it has little bits of chocolate!) and add carrots or celery to round out to what is a reasonable caloric count for a snack. Don't go with an Angry Whopper - it has close to 2000 calories (Jonah had one at the airport >shudder<)