Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ouch

So this new job is beating the hell out of me. Although I will add that I am enjoying it and am grateful for it! But the first day was pretty rough due to my poor shoe choice- fashion tennies rather than running shoes. By the end of the day I was hurting everywhere and my feet were threatening to kill me. I had scratches and bruises up and down my arms from hauling boxes around. I took a bath when I got home and went to bed early. Yesterday was much better due to my use of actual tennis shoes combined with Dr. Scholls inserts. Hooray for those! My feet didn't start hurting till the end of the day! And in general life was less painful yesterday. I DID go to bed around 8:30 though. Went to sleep about an hour later methinks. Today wouldn't have been too bad but the first thing I did involved loading up two big rolling cloth bins (like you imagine convicts hiding amongst laundry to escape from jail in) with boxes and then rolling them back to the new building. And on the way up the hill I managed to get a KILLER flat tire from the cart...and it felt like it took half my heel with it. I painfully pulled my shoe back on without even crying and limped the rest of the way up the ramp. During break I pulled off my shoe to make sure I wasn't bleeding heavily or anything. All I saw was swollen, red heel. But it hurt so much to pull my shoe on and off that I decided to leave it alone till I got home. And when Andrew helped me get my shoe off we discovered my heel and Achilles tendon is one big bruise. Andrew immediately ran and got me a bag of ice and a Popsicle and ordered me to lay on the couch with my foot on the ice. What a nice husband I have!

I would like to emphasize that, in spite of the beating I have been receiving, I am really enjoying my job. I like setting up the shelves- one of the few things in my life I am really OCD about is my shelves. And I like making them look nice and neat! And I think they appreciate that!

No comments: